Aluminum Wiring Replacement
If you have an older home or commercial building that still has aluminum wiring, the time to get aluminum wiring replacement in North Alabama is now. In the 60's and 70's aluminum became a popular alternative to more costly copper wiring. Since that time, the problem is that it has proven to be not as good a quality choice as the copper option.
It can be predictable and has been known to lead to fires. So the bottom line is that it is better safe than sorry. Especially since some homeowners insurance providers will not even cover your home if it still has this outdated wiring in place.
Some signs you may note from aluminum wiring would be switch plates that are warm to the touch, flickering lights or burned insulation on wiring. Even if you only suspect that you have this type of wiring in place, you need to call on MPE Services North Alabama to take care of this for you. We are the preferred local provider of electrical services in North Alabama.
Replacing Aluminum Wiring for a Safer Home
So what are some of the issues with aluminum wiring? These can include:
- One of the unique issues with aluminum wiring is that the rust that forms can interrupt the flow of electricity and result in overheating. This is not a problem with copper as the rust that forms does not lead to these kind of problems.
- Since aluminum wiring is so much softer, it is easier to damage or to accidentally nick or cut. This damage can go unnoticed until it begins to cause hot spots and overheating.
- Another unique problem with aluminum is that it heats and then cools as electricity passes through and then stops. That causes the wires to move, in a process referred to as creeping, and can come loose from terminal screws. This will lead to loose connections and, once again, overheating.
The last thing that you want to do is take a gamble when it comes to the safety of you and your family. So don't settle for aluminum wiring when you could have it replaced by professionals. Let MPE Services North Alabama take care of this delicate but essential task for you.
Local Aluminum Wiring Replacement Experts
As the premier North Alabama electrician for aluminum wiring replacement services, we take great pride in the work that we do. It is as important to us as it is to you to make sure that you get the quality service required to keep your home safe and secure.
Let MPE Services North Alabama take care of this or any other service needs that you may have. Call today to get started.
If you are interested in an estimate for aluminum wiring replacement in North Alabama and the surrounding areas, please complete our online request form.
- Restaurant Refrigerator Tips To Keep Your Equipment Working Great - Your restaurant equipment is vital to your daily operations, especially the refrigerators and coolers that store food. Low-temperature cooling has to be an integral part of running any business, so you'll want to do whatever you can to keep this vital equipment working well … Read More
- Three Electrical Repairs You May Not Know You Need - Buying a new home is a wonderful and exciting event but you want to be certain that you are making the right choice. When it comes to buying any of the older or historic homes in northern Alabama, you have to be certain that the house you buy is safe … Read More